Obtaining the data of our users is not an easy task, but it is vital for our business. This is the initial step to obtain conversion, so it is interesting to offer the user something that implies value, that is useful for him.
For this reason it is very important to devise a good strategy to obtain good results. For this we must implement the various digital actions that bring us closer to this end. A succession of teamwork from the department towards a single objective: getting leads . But let’s not forget that our goal must be to get quality leads.
1. What is a lead and how can I get it?
Leads are those users of our website who have provided us with their contact information through a form. When a user becomes lead, shows interest in what we offer on our site .
We can get them through different channels, through our Social Networks, the creation of landings page , a blog or our own website. In addition to getting leads, we will be generating a powerful database that allows us to carry out promotional campaigns through e-mail marketing, invitations to events, re marketing …
We are going to dissect this a little more, telling you several ways to get our users to fill out the forms and in this way we obtain a solid database.
- The making of e-books. This method is becoming more popular every day. It is very difficult for our users to leave their data in exchange for nothing, for this reason we have to offer them something that they really value. Offering them an e-book with useful information is usually very well received and will help us to know that they are interested in our brand, product or services.
- Not all of us can carry out this type of content, but in the event that it is within your possibilities, it also usually gives good results.
- Social networks. This route is very interesting since it generates a path of conversation with our users that helps to humanize our brand. For this reason, it helps us to meet our future clients and obtain interesting data.
2. Types of leads
Now that we know what a lead is and even how we can get it, we will analyze in the next section what types of leads we can find. This section is very interesting, since when we get a lead in our business we are taking a big step, we go from having a user to a user with interest. For this reason, we must monitor it to reach the final stage of our funnel.
In Inbound Marketing not all leads are equal. Some leads have been obtained without the user knowing what our company offers, on the other hand, there are others who do find our content and the services or products that we offer interesting. For this reason, it is so important to differentiate them, since not everyone has options to become a sale.
There are two categories in which to classify the types of leads according to their criteria, by temperature and by the level of qualification.
2.1. Leads by temperature
- Cold Leads. These leads belong to those users who may show an interest in our content or in any of our services or products. But, as a general rule, they don’t have much chance of becoming clients. This lead will remain at the beginning of our conversion funnel. The most common is that we get them through email marketing campaigns or from free content.
- Tempered leads. These leads show more interest than the previous ones, it is for this reason that they tend to visit our site relatively frequently and follow our publications with relative regularity. This type of lead is not ready to buy but it is ready to know our products or services.
- Hot Leads. They are those leads that are already ready for purchase. They usually contact our company to request more detailed information about a product or service or about any aspect of our site that has aroused their interest. These are usually ranked among the quality leads, as their interest has been progressive and are already at the end of our conversion funnel.
2.2. Leads by qualification
Almost a lead, although they are not yet in the initial phase of the conversion process, have agreed to receive information. It could be through the newsletter form, the subscription to the blog or to get an e-book, therefore, we will have your email.
The next step would be to convert them into leads, since having established a first contact, it will be much easier for us to convert them in comparison to other users for whom we do not have any information.
To achieve this, we should offer them quality content, free courses or other material that may be of interest to them, so that they provide us with their data.
They are those potential customers who have provided us with their basic information but are still far from becoming a purchase. These are the ones belonging to the TOFU or Top of the Funnel phase that we will see in detail in the next section.
2.2.2. Qualified Lead
These are the users who have repeatedly shown interest in what we offer. As, for example, that they have asked about our services on several occasions.
In these cases, it is very positive to request a little more information from these users. Try to deepen the relationship we have with them. One option is to expand or vary the forms to meet this objective. In this case, the qualified lead will be in the MOFU or Middle or the Funnel phase.
2.2.3. Qualified Lead for Sale
These are the users who are ready to buy our product or contract our services. These leads tend to advance in our marketing funnel and therefore, respond to an offer closer to the product or service we offer. As for example, the request for a demo, a trial, a sample, a telephone meeting …
The information that we collect from this user must be considerably more extensive in order to later close the transaction. The qualified lead for the sale will be in the BOFU phase or button of the Funnel.
3. Phases our leads go through
In order to know in depth the leads that come to our website, we will use analytics. For this there are multiple tools that will provide us with valuable information about the traffic and the conversions obtained.
In this way, we will be able to know the behavior of our users and where they come from. From this, we can define the conversion funnels to clearly see how many leads come to us from the traffic on our website.
3.1. TOFU or Top of the Funnel
The first phase of our lead. It is the moment in which our user presents some interest, but is not yet ready for purchase. In this phase, the information and usability of our website is very important. Our users must navigate our site with ease and find the information they are looking for without complications. If we do not fulfill these two premises, they will never go to the next stages and we will not achieve our objective.
3.2. MOFU or Middle of the Funnel
The second phase of our lead. It is the intermediate point, in which our users already know our products and services, so they are clear about their needs and interests. This is the moment in which they go from being simple users to qualified leads. Information request phase. From this moment we have to be very clear about what the proposal will be to obtain the next step, the purchase.
3.3. BOFU or Bottom of the Funnel
The third phase, the final one. This is the moment before the sale, which will determine the closing of the same. Only qualified leads will come into play. They have your company as one of those that can satisfy their needs, so this is the most delicate moment. They are leads that are about to become customers, but they are not yet. At this point we must enhance contact and offer valuable content to achieve your purchase decision.
4. Other aspects that we must take into account about leads
Optimization to get our users to become a lead is very important, we must know how to optimize the conversion process. For this, it is essential to offer a good user experience, to promote as far as possible calls to action and put analytics to good use.
The UX design, the usability of our site is the best way to ensure that our users do not leave our website. If we do not have a good design our brand image will be deteriorated, the architecture of the web must be clear so that the user is guided intuitively. In this way, you will feel confident when counting on us to carry out your purchases. It is always an opportunity to capture new leads and thus prevent our bounce rate from increasing.
Calls to action on our website are essential. We must work the buttons of our site. It is a basic factor to get our users to leave their data and become a lead. It is interesting that they are in different places on our site so that they lead us directly to a form. Once they are in the form, the ideal is that there are no other buttons that can make the user get confused and we miss the opportunity to get their data at the last moment. To know where to place them so that they work perfectly, it is advisable to perform an A / B Test.
Therefore, in order to know which funnel phase we must work and how to detect the breaking points we must use web analytics .
Keeping track of the conversion funnel is vital. We can use Google Analytics or many other tools with which we can carry out a perfect follow-up of the conversion and know if we have met our objectives.